Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The good news about breastfeeding

It gets easier, it gets better, if you stick it out you and your baby will become pros!!! At my 6 week postpartum check up, I was still having pain on the left side. This was after a month of going back and forth with pumping and nursing and lots of Dr. Newman's nipple cream. My OB/GYN convinced me that I needed to take two days off of nursing on the left side and you know what? IT WORKED!!!! I am pleased to report that Viv and I are now professionals and we can nurse anytime, anywhere! I am so thankful I stuck it out the first 6 weeks even though it was nearly impossible some days. We have come through the to other side and I could not be happier!!! My advice is don't give up and get help early!

*****Side Note*****

If you ever plan on giving your baby a bottle in her lifetime, make sure she takes one at least once a week, starting by two weeks old. After my nipples healed, I took a break from pumping and bottles and Viv missed a week or two and then began refusing bottles. We had a long month of trying EVERYTHING to get her to take a bottle again. We bought new bottles, new nipples, new people feeding her, feeding her in new places, feeding her water, feeding her formula, etc. It took a few nights of me leaving the house and Eric distracting her in the bouncy seat while she ate. Very thankful for my wonderful friends who took me out and kept me distracted while my baby learned to take a bottle again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment