Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Frenulectomy

frenectomy (also known as a frenulectomyfrenulotomy or frenotomy) is the removal of a frenulum, a small fold of tissue that prevents an organ in the body from moving too far.

This was not as bad as I thought it would be (although I did take my mom to the appointment in case I couldn't handle it).  If there is any doubt your child may be tongue-tied, get it taken care of quickly. A really great doctor at our pediatrician's office performed the procedure. Viv wasn't tongue-tied, her tongue was webbed, but we decided to do it anyway so she could have more movement (AKA, be a better french kisser). Viv was actually more upset that the nurse was holding her head and when it was all over she nursed right away without any pain. I still picked up my prescription nipple cream (there is a lot of nipple talk in this blog) and a double electric hospital grade pump just in case this was too good to be true.  It was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment