Friday, September 13, 2013

"By The Book"

My pregnancy was very uneventful. My doctor tells me this is the kind of pregnancy you want to have. Sure I had morning sickness, back aches, and foot pain, but no high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, or multiples. You might say those nine months followed perfectly along with my pregnancy books...yes I was reading more than one. We took weekly chalkboard pictures of my growing bump, I kept a journal and multiple Pinterest boards about babies, nurseries, and pregnancy.

My labor and delivery was very uneventful as well. My water broke, we went to the hospital (2 minute drive), my labor progressed easily, had an epidural and pushed for 17 minutes. Again, things were going "by the book."

Everything was going so smoothly, it was almost as if our baby had been reading a manual inside. In hindsight, something had to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment